A N A C T
RELATING TO CITIES AND TOWNS - - SUBDIVISION OF LAND
It is enacted by the General Assembly as follows:
SECTION 1. Section 45-23-60 of the General Laws in Chapter 45-23 entitled "Subdivision of Land" is hereby amended to read as follows:
45-23-60. Procedure -- Required findings - (a) All local regulations require that for all administrative, minor and major development applications the approving authorities responsible for land development and subdivision review and approval shall address each of the general purposes stated in section 45-23-30 and make positive findings on the following standard provisions, as part of the proposed project's record prior to approval:
(1) The proposed development is consistent with the comprehensive community plan and/or has satisfactorily addressed the issues where there may be inconsistencies;
(2) The proposed development is in compliance with the standards and provisions of the municipality's zoning ordinance;
(3) There will be no significant negative environmental impacts from the proposed development as shown on the final plan, with all required conditions for approval;
(4) The subdivision, as proposed, will not result in the creation of individual lots with any physical constraints to development that building on those lots according to pertinent regulations and building standards would be impracticable. (See definition of Buildable lot). Lots with physical constraints to development may be created only if identified as permanent open space or permanently reserved for a public purpose on the approved, recorded plans; and
(5) All proposed land developments and all subdivision lots have adequate and permanent physical access to a public street. Lot frontage on a public street without physical access shall not be considered in compliance with this requirement.
(b) Except for administrative subdivisions, findings of fact must be supported by legally competent evidence on the record which discloses the nature and character of the observations upon which the fact finders acted.
SECTION 2. This act shall take effect upon passage.