§ 11-19-32.2. Senior citizens' center Bingo allowed.
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter to the contrary, any organization which operates a public senior citizens center or senior center may obtain a permit approved by the department to conduct bingo games in said senior citizens center or senior center for up to five (5) calendar days per week, excluding Sundays.
(b) As used herein, the terms "senior citizens center" or "senior center" means an organization whose goal is the promotion of various recreational and educational activities to senior citizens and which receives a combination of federal, state, municipal and private funds to provide such services at a community facility.
(c) A senior citizens center or senior center may conduct bingo games if it complies with all of the following requirements:
(1) All bingo games are conducted only on the premises of the center's facility;
(2) All participants are age fifty-five (55) years of age or older; provided, this shall not prohibit a person who is less than fifty-five (55) years of age from assisting a senior citizen in playing the game;
(3) All bingo game operators are sixty (60) years of age or older and receive no compensation for serving as operators;
(4) The total daily prizes shall not exceed four hundred dollars ($400); and
(5) All proceeds of the game shall be limited in use to the following:
(i) To pay winners monetary prizes;
(ii) To defray any costs directly related to conducting the games; and/or
(iii) To defray costs of services the center's facility provides.
(P.L. 2013, ch. 515, § 1; P.L. 2013, ch. 529, § 1.)