§ 11-49.1-2 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Document-making implement" means any implement, impression, electronic device, or computer hardware or software, that is specifically configured or primarily used for making an identification document, a false identification document, or another document-making implement;
(2) "Identification document" means a document made or card issued by or under the authority of the United States Government, a state, political subdivision of a state, a foreign government, political subdivision of a foreign government, an international governmental or an international quasi-governmental organization which, when completed with information concerning a particular individual, is of a type intended or commonly accepted for the purpose of identification of individuals;
(3) "Means of identification" means any name or number that may be used, alone or in conjunction with any other information, to identify a specific individual, including any:
(i) Name, social security number, date of birth, official state or government issued driver's license or identification number, alien registration number, government passport number, employer or taxpayer identification number;
(ii) Unique biometric data, such as fingerprint, voice print, retina or iris image, or other unique physical representation;
(iii) Unique electronic identification number, address, or routing code; or
(iv) Telecommunication identifying information or access device as defined in 18 U.S.C. § 1029(e).
(4) "Produce" means to manufacture, alter, authenticate, or assemble an identification document;
(5) "State" includes any state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and any other commonwealth, possession, or territory of the United States; and
(6) "Financial information" means any of the following information identifiable to an individual that concerns the amount and/or condition of an individual's assets, liabilities or credit:
(i) Account numbers and balances;
(ii) Transactional information concerning any account; or
(iii) Codes, passwords, social security numbers, tax identification numbers, driver's license numbers or any other information held for the purpose of account access or transaction initiation.
(P.L. 2000, ch. 105, § 1; P.L. 2003, ch. 64, § 1; P.L. 2003, ch. 75, § 1.)