§ 11-49-1 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Cardholder" means the person or organization named on the face of a credit card to whom or for whose benefit the credit card is issued by an issuer.
(2) "Credit card" means any instrument or device, whether known as a credit card, credit plate, or by any other name, issued with or without fee by an issuer for the use of the card holder in obtaining money, goods, services, or anything else of value on credit.
(3) "Expired credit card" means a credit card which is no longer valid because the term shown on it has elapsed.
(4) "Issuer" means the business organization or financial institution, or its duly authorized agent, which issues a credit card.
(5) "Receives" or "receiving" means acquiring possession or control or accepting as security for a loan a credit card.
(6) "Revoked credit card" means a credit card which is no longer valid because permission to use it has been suspended or terminated by the issuer.
(P.L. 1969, ch. 129, § 2.)