§ 11-9-13.4 Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Bidi cigarette" means any product that (i) contains tobacco that is wrapped in temburni or tender leaf or that is wrapped in any other material identified by rules of the Department of Health that is similar in appearance or characteristics to the temburni or tender leaf and (ii) does not contain a smoke filtering device.
(2) "Court" means any appropriate district court of the state of Rhode Island.
(3) "Dealer" is synonymous with the term "retail tobacco products dealer".
(4) "Department of mental health, retardation and hospitals" means the state of Rhode Island mental health, retardation and hospitals department, its employees, agents or assigns.
(5) "Department of taxation" means the state of Rhode Island taxation division, its employees, agents, or assigns.
(6) "License" is synonymous with the term "retail tobacco products dealer license."
(7) "License holder" is synonymous with the term "retail tobacco products dealer."
(8) "Person" means any individual person, firm, association, or corporation licensed as a retail dealer to sell tobacco products within the state.
(9) "Retail tobacco products dealer" means the holder of a license to sell tobacco products at retail.
(10) "Retail tobacco products dealer license" means a license to sell tobacco products at retail as issued by the department of taxation.
(11) "Spitting tobacco" also means snuff, powdered tobacco, chewing tobacco, dipping tobacco, pouch tobacco or smokeless tobacco.
(12) "Tobacco product(s)" means any product containing tobacco, including bidi cigarettes, as defined in subdivision (1) of this section, which can be used for, but whose use is not limited to, smoking, sniffing, chewing or spitting of the product.
(13) "Underage individual" or "underage individuals" means any child under the age of eighteen (18) years of age.
(14) "Little cigars" means and includes any roll, made wholly
or in part of tobacco, irrespective of size or shape and irrespective of
whether the tobacco is flavored, adulterated or mixed with any other
ingredient, where such roll has a wrapper or cover made of tobacco wrapped in
leaf tobacco or any substance containing tobacco paper or any other material,
except where such wrapper is wholly or in greater part made of tobacco and such
roll weighs over three (3) pounds per thousand (1,000).
(P.L. 1996, ch. 321, § 1; P.L. 2001, ch. 124, § 1; P.L. 2001, ch. 149, § 1; P.L. 2001, ch. 391, § 1; P.L. 2008, ch. 104, § 3.)