§ 12-26-4 Duties.
The duties of the commission shall include:
(1) Completion and publication of a comparative analysis of Rhode Island's criminal procedures and practices with those standards for criminal justice recommended by the American Bar Association and by the President's National Advisory Commission on Criminal Justice Standards and Goals;
(2) Conducting a study for the purpose of revising the statutes relating to crimes and punishments;
(3) Conducting a study of sentencing criteria and procedures;
(4) Reviewing court organization;
(5) Developing a comprehensive strategy to resolve problems encountered in the administration of criminal justice;
(6) Studying any matter relating to the criminal justice system deemed worthy by the commission; and
(7) Recommending legislation and rules of court for the improvement of criminal justice.
(P.L. 1977, ch. 113, § 1.)