§ 13-8.2-6 Limitations and restrictions of certificate.
(a) Nothing contained in this chapter shall be deemed:
(1) Destruction or sealing of criminal records pursuant to § 12-1-12; or
(2) Expungement of criminal records pursuant to §§ 12-1.3-1 through 4; or
(3) To alter or limit or affect the manner of applying for pardons to the Governor;
(b) The certificate shall not to be deemed to prevent:
(1) Any judicial proceeding, administrative, licensing or other body, or authority from relying upon the conviction specified in the certificate as the basis for the exercise of its discretionary power to suspend, revoke, or refuse to issue or renew any license, permit, or other authority or privilege.
(2) Or limit the introduction of evidence of a prior conviction for purposes of impeachment of a witness in a judicial or other proceeding where otherwise authorized by the applicable rules of evidence.
(3) The enhancement from misdemeanor to felony when charging an individual with a criminal offense, subsequent to the conviction on which the certificate was issued, when a prior conviction mandates such enhancement of subsequent charges.
(P.L. 2013, ch. 322, § 1; P.L. 2013, ch. 412, § 1.)