§ 15-16-6. Notice to obligor.
The notice to the obligor required under § 15-16-5 shall inform the obligor:
(1) Of the amount of the support arrearage and the amount of income that has been withheld for payment of current support, arrearages, and any fees allowable under this chapter;
(2) That the provision for withholding of income applies to any current or subsequent employer or period of employment;
(3) Of the procedures available for contesting the withholding and that, in accordance with § 15-16-5, the grounds for contesting the withholding are limited to mistakes of fact;
(4) Of the period within which the obligor must file a statement contesting withholding with the department;
(5) Of the opportunity to contest the income withholding at a hearing before a master of the family court.
(P.L. 1987, ch. 163, § 1; P.L. 1997, ch. 170, § 6.)