§ 15-16-9 Income withholding order Service Effectiveness Contents.
(a) An income withholding order under this chapter shall be binding upon a withholding agent one week after service, by personal service or by certified or registered mail, of a true copy of the income withholding order. The income withholding order shall be binding upon the withholding agent until further notice to the withholding agent in accordance with this chapter. Concurrently with the service of a true copy of the income withholding order upon a withholding agent, the department shall mail a true copy of the income withholding order by regular mail to the obligor.
(b) Any income withholding order under this chapter shall have priority over any prior attachment, execution, garnishment, or wage or income assignment against the income of the obligor. An income withholding order under this chapter shall not be subject to any specific or statutory exemption or limitation prohibiting levy, execution, assignment, or attachment process or limiting the amount subject to income withholding under this chapter, except the exemptions or limitations as provided by federal law.
(c) Every income withholding order issued pursuant to this chapter shall include the following:
(1) That the income withholding order shall be binding upon a withholding agent one week after the service upon the withholding agent;
(2) The total amount to be withheld from the obligor's income for support and support arrearages;
(3) The amount of fees a withholding agent may withhold from the income of an obligor in addition to support and support arrearages;
(4) That the total amount to be withheld for support, support arrearages, and fees may not be in excess of the maximum amounts permitted under § 303(b) of the Consumer Credit Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1673(b);
(5) That withholding is binding upon the withholding agent until notice by the department or the court;
(6) That the withholding agent is subject to the duties and liabilities as provided in § 15-16-10.
(P.L. 1987, ch. 163, § 1.)