§ 15-23.1-701. Definitions.
In this chapter:
(1) "Application" means a request under the convention by an obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority.
(2) "Central authority" means the entity designated by the United States or a foreign country described in subdivision 15-23.1-101(5)(iv) to perform the functions specified in the convention.
(3) "Convention support order" means a support order of a tribunal of a foreign country described in subdivision 15-23.1-101(5)(iv).
(4) "Direct request" means a petition filed by an individual in a tribunal of this state in a proceeding involving an obligee, obligor, or child residing outside the United States.
(5) "Foreign central authority" means the entity designated by a foreign country described in subdivision 15-23.1-101(5)(iv) to perform the functions specified in the convention.
(6) "Foreign support agreement":
(i) An agreement for support in a record that:
(A) Is enforceable as a support order in the country of origin;
(B) Has been:
(I) Formally drawn up or registered as an authentic instrument by a foreign tribunal; or
(II) Authenticated by, or concluded, registered, or filed with a foreign tribunal; and
(C) May be reviewed and modified by a foreign tribunal; and
(ii) Includes a maintenance arrangement or authentic instrument under the convention.
(7) "United States central authority" means the secretary of the United States department of health and human services.
(P.L. 1997, ch. 170, § 15; P.L. 2006, ch. 69, § 2; P.L. 2006, ch. 76, § 2; P.L. 2011, ch. 243, § 1; P.L. 2011, ch. 263, § 1.)