§ 15-8.1-307. Timing of rescission.
(a) A signatory may rescind an acknowledgment of parentage or denial of parentage under this chapter by commencing a court proceeding before the earlier of:
(1) Sixty (60) days after the effective date of the acknowledgment or denial, as provided in § 15-8.1-304; or
(2) The date of the first hearing before a court in a proceeding, to which the signatory is a party, to adjudicate an issue relating to the child, including a proceeding that establishes child support.
(b) If an acknowledgment of parentage is rescinded under this section, any associated denial of parentage becomes invalid, and the department of human services shall notify:
(1) The individual who gave birth to the child;
(2) Any individual who signed a denial of parentage of the child; and
(3) The department of vital records that the acknowledgment of parentage has been rescinded. Failure to provide notice as required by this section does not affect the validity of the rescission.
History of Section.
P.L. 2020, ch. 59, § 2; P.L. 2020, ch. 60, § 2.