§ 16-107-4. Definitions.
When used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) "FAFSA" means the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form;
(2) "Mandatory fees and tuition" are the costs that every student is required to pay in order to enroll in classes, and does not include room and board, textbooks, program fees that may exist in some majors, course fees that may exist for some specific courses, meal plans, or travel;
(3) "On track to graduate on time" means the standards determined by the community college of Rhode Island in establishing the expectation of a student to graduate with an associate's degree within two (2) years of enrollment (recognizing that some students, including students who require developmental education, are double majors, or are enrolled in certain professional programs may require an extended time period for degree completion);
(4) "Scholarship program" means the Rhode Island promise scholarship program that is established pursuant to § 16-107-3;
(5) "Recipient student" means a student attending the community college of Rhode Island who qualifies to receive the Rhode Island promise scholarship pursuant to § 16-107-6; and
(6) "State" means the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.
(P.L. 2017, ch. 302, art. 3, § 1.)