§ 16-21.2-2 Declaration of purpose.
In recognition of the growing problem of substance use and abuse that municipalities face the purpose of this chapter is as follows:
(1) To promote the opportunity for municipalities to establish a comprehensive substance abuse prevention program addressing the specific needs of each individual municipality.
(2) To encourage the development of partnership among municipal governments, school systems, parents, and human service providers to serve the interest of the community in addressing the need for a comprehensive substance abuse prevention program.
(3) To promote a substance abuse prevention program in every community.
(4) To provide financial assistance for the planning, establishment, and operation of substance abuse prevention programs.
(5) To encourage municipal governments, in cooperation with school systems and human services organizations to jointly assess the extent of the substance abuse problem in their community.
(P.L. 1987, ch. 375, § 1.)