§ 16-22-9.1. Foster care youth academic reports.
(a) Every superintendent of schools employed in accordance with the provisions of chapter 2 of this title shall on or before September 15, 2022, and annually thereafter on or before September 15, complete a report on the progress and status of educational achievement and development of all foster care youth attending every public school under the superintendent’s care and supervision. The report shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) The total number of foster care youth identified by school and grade of instruction;
(2) The number of foster care youth receiving supplementary literacy instruction pursuant to the provisions of § 16-67-2;
(3) The foster care youth uniform testing scores for testing pursuant to the provisions of § 16-22-9, and the percentage of foster care youth who meet or exceed the mean average score for uniform testing;
(4) The percentage of foster care youth meeting academic standards;
(5) The number and percentage of foster care youth receiving alternative or special education services;
(6) The number of foster care youth suspended or expelled from school during the academic year;
(7) The number of foster care youth identified as involved in chronic absenteeism, truancy, or as drop-outs; and
(8) The number of foster care youth assigned to advanced placement.
(b) If the superintendent determines based on the information provided in the report prepared pursuant to subsection (a) of this section that foster care youth are disproportionately failing to meet academic standards or are disproportionately subject to school discipline compared to the overall student population, then the superintendent shall develop a remediation plan and include the remediation plan as part of the report promulgated pursuant to subsection (a) of this section.
(c) Every superintendent shall provide a copy of the reports promulgated pursuant to subsection (a) of this section to the commissioner of elementary and secondary education and the applicable school committee.
History of Section.
P.L. 2021, ch. 298, § 1, effective July 9, 2021; P.L. 2021, ch. 299, § 1, effective July 9, 2021.