§ 16-32.1-3. Additional powers.
The research foundation shall have, in addition to the powers enumerated in § 16-32.1-2, all the powers necessary and convenient to carry out and effectuate the purposes and provisions of this chapter including, but not limited to, the power to:
(1) Sue and be sued, complain and defend, in its corporate name;
(2) Have a corporate seal that may be altered from time to time at its pleasure, and use the seal by causing it, or a facsimile thereof, to be impressed or affixed or in any other manner reproduced;
(3) Sell, convey, pledge, lease, exchange, transfer and otherwise dispose of all or any part of its property, assets and accounts for such consideration and upon such terms and conditions as the research foundation shall determine;
(4) Make contracts, liabilities and borrow money as the research foundation may determine;
(5) Make and execute all contracts and agreements and instruments necessary or convenient in the exercise of the powers and functions of the research foundation granted by this chapter;
(6) Receive, take, hold, invest, manage, administer, control and generally care for any intellectual or personal property, which it may be given, devised or otherwise conveyed or made available to the research foundation.
(P.L. 2007, ch. 232, § 1.)