§ 16-42.1-2. Findings.
The general assembly has found and declares that:
(1) There is need to better articulate higher education and secondary education for gifted and talented students through joint college and junior/senior high school programs.
(2) The academic needs of gifted and talented students are critical in the areas of mathematics and science.
(3) The state should encourage programs for gifted and talented students especially on a regional, partnership, or cooperative basis.
(4) There is a special need to serve gifted and talented junior high school students through enrichment programs.
(5) The academy model has proven successful in other education approaches for meeting the needs of gifted and talented students.
(P.L. 1987, ch. 585, § 1.)