Education of Limited English Proficient Students [See Title 16 Chapter 97 — The Rhode Island Board of Education Act]
R.I. Gen. Laws § 16-54-3
§ 16-54-3. Regulation of the board of regents for elementary and secondary education.
It shall be the duty of the board of regents for elementary and secondary education to establish and promulgate regulations for the purpose of carrying out the intent of this chapter. These regulations shall include, but are not limited to:
(1) Criteria for the identification, assessment, placement, and exiting of eligible students;
(2) Criteria for an appropriate educational program or service;
(3) Criteria for the monitoring and evaluation of educational programs;
(4) Administrative procedures for state reimbursement of approved programs and services;
(5) Definitions of responsibilities of the local school committees and the department of elementary and secondary education;
(6) Criteria for parent involvement;
(7) Time line for phasing in services and programs to assure that the process begins and that all eligible children are served.
History of Section.
P.L. 1982, ch. 286, § 2; P.L. 2001, ch. 86, § 51.