§ 16-59-28 "Bachelors Degree in Three" program.
(a) The Rhode Island board of governors for higher education shall establish and administer the "Bachelors Degree in Three" program. The board shall:
(1) Establish guidelines for the "Bachelors Degree in Three" program.
(2) Collaborate with the board of regents for elementary and secondary education to establish a seamless credit transfer system for high school students and other policies that might facilitate student participation in such a program.
(3) Identify and propose any necessary changes to academic courses of study, support services, financial aid, and other policies and resources at the University of Rhode Island, Rhode Island College and the Community College of Rhode Island to ensure greater opportunities for students to complete bachelors degree programs in three (3) years.
(4) Identify potential costs of the program, including costs to students, to the institutions, and to school districts, identify possible sources of external grant funding for a pilot program, and propose a funding structure for the program.
(5) Investigate accreditation issues and federal financial aid rules that may be implicated by the program.
(6) Identify units at the University of Rhode Island, Rhode Island College, and the Community College of Rhode Island that will assume administrative responsibility for the program.
(7) Design, undertake and evaluate a three (3) year pilot program that will serve as a model for full-scale implementation.
(b) The board shall present an initial report, recommendations and timeline to the general assembly on or by February 1, 2011, and the pilot program will begin with the fall academic semester of 2011.
(P.L. 2009, ch. 202, § 3; P.L. 2009, ch. 203, § 3; P.L. 2010, ch. 63, § 1; P.L. 2010, ch. 75, § 1.)