§ 16-63-9 Delivery system.
(a) Adult education throughout the state shall be delivered through the appropriate utilization of a combination of agencies, institutions, organizations, and other mechanisms and settings, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
(1) The schools and other facilities maintained by local education authorities, pursuant to chapter 2 of this title, or area combinations of it, in accordance with chapter 3 of this title and this chapter;
(2) The area vocational-technical schools, maintained and conducted in accordance with chapter 45 of this title;
(3) The state operated institutions of higher education, including the University of Rhode Island, Rhode Island College, and the community college system, maintained in accordance with chapters 31 through 33.1 and chapter 44 of this title;
(4) Private and proprietary academies, colleges, universities, and other institutions of secondary and higher education operated in accordance with chapter 40 of this title;
(5) Correspondence schools, home study, and related courses available to residents of the state in accordance with chapter 50 of this title;
(6) The custodial, correctional, and curative institutions referenced in this chapter;
(7) The state's interrelated library system;
(8) Community based private, nonprofit, and proprietary agencies and facilities maintained and operated fully or partially for the purpose of providing adult education programs and services;
(9) Employment settings in business and industry; and
(10) The broadcast and cable system media referenced in this chapter.
(b) The listing in subsection (a) of an agency, institution, organization, or other entity shall not, in itself, constitute it as being under the administrative control of the board, department, or office.
(P.L. 1981, ch. 416, § 1.)