§ 16-69-2. Definition of state-local support.
(a) In defining the percentage of state support to fund elementary and secondary education, the state's share shall be defined to include appropriations for the following:
(1) Chapter 4 of this title, Permanent School Fund;
(2) Chapter 5 of this title, State Aid;
(3) Chapter 7 of this title, Foundation Level School Support;
(4) Chapter 15 of this title, Teachers' Pension;
(5) Chapter 23 of this title, Textbooks;
(6) Chapter 24 of this title, Children with disabilities;
(7) Chapter 25 of this title, Education of children who are Deaf or Blind;
(8) Chapter 42 of this title, Education of Gifted Children;
(9) Chapter 45 of this title, Regional Vocational Schools;
(10) Chapter 54 of this title, Education of Limited-English Proficient Students;
(11) Chapter 67 of this title, Rhode Island Literacy and Drop-Out Prevention Act; and
(12) Other educational laws as may be enacted by the general assembly.
(b) The local percentage shall be defined to include all city and town revenues the school district obtains, excluding fees from admissions to school events, and federal aid.
(c) In determining the local percentage of school aid, the board of regents for elementary and secondary education shall adopt rules and regulations pertaining to the definition.
(P.L. 1988, ch. 336, § 12; P.L. 1999, ch. 83, § 38; P.L. 1999, ch. 130, § 38.)