§ 16-92-2. Legislative purpose.
It is the purpose of this compact to remove barriers to educational success imposed on children of military families because of frequent moves and deployment of their parents by:
(1) Facilitating the timely enrollment of children of military families and ensuring that they are not placed at a disadvantage due to difficulty in the transfer of education records from the previous school district or districts, or variations in entrance and age requirements.
(2) Facilitating the student placement process through which children of military families are not disadvantaged by variations in attendance requirements, scheduling, sequencing, grading, course content or assessment.
(3) Facilitating the qualification and eligibility for enrollment, educational programs, and participation in extracurricular academic, athletic, and social activities.
(4) Facilitating the on-time graduation of children of military families.
(5) Providing for the promulgation and enforcement of administrative rules implementing the provisions of this compact.
(6) Providing for the uniform collection and sharing of information between and among member states, schools and military families under this compact.
(7) Promoting coordination between this compact and other compacts affecting military children.
(8) Promoting flexibility and cooperation between the educational system, parents and the student in order to achieve educational success for the student.
(P.L. 2010, ch. 100, § 1; P.L. 2010, ch. 106, § 1.)