§ 16-92-4 Applicability.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in subsection b. of this section, this compact shall apply to the children of:
(1) Active duty members of the uniformed services as defined in this chapter, including members of the National Guard and Reserve on active duty orders pursuant to 10 U.S.C. § 1209 and 1211;
(2) Members or veterans of the uniformed services who are severely injured and medically discharged or retired for a period of one year after medical discharge or retirement; and
(3) Members of the uniformed services who die on active duty or as a result of injuries sustained on active duty for a period of one year after death.
(b) The provisions of this interstate compact shall only apply to local education agencies as defined in this chapter.
(c) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to the children of:
(1) Inactive members of the national guard and military reserves;
(2) Members of the uniformed services now retired, except as provided in subsection (a) of this section;
(3) Veterans of the uniformed services, except as provided in subsection (a) of this section; and
(4) Other U.S. Dept. of Defense personnel and other federal agency civilian and contract employees not defined as active duty members of the uniformed services.
(P.L. 2010, ch. 100, § 1; P.L. 2010, ch. 106, § 1.)