§ 16-95-2 Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following words shall have the following meaning unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Recovery High School" means a public school or a special education program licensed by RIDE that: (i) Serves students diagnosed with substance use disorder or dependency, as defined by the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders IV-TR; and (ii) Provides both comprehensive four (4) year high school education and a structured plan of recovery.
(2) "Board of regents" means the Rhode Island board of regents for elementary and secondary education.
(3) "Commissioner" means the Rhode Island commissioner of elementary and secondary education.
(4) "RIDE" means the Rhode Island department of elementary and secondary education.
(5) "Sending school district" means the district where the student attending or planning to attend a recovery high school resides, and that, upon recommendation of a clinician licensed pursuant to chapter 42-35, refers the student for enrollment.
(P.L. 2011, ch. 331, § 1; P.L. 2011, ch. 388, § 1.)