§ 16-96-3. Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Advanced Placement course" means a course sponsored by the college board and offered for college credit at the high school level.
(2) "Advanced Placement teacher" means a teacher of an advanced placement course.
(3) "Pre-Advanced Placement" means set professional development resources and services that equip all middle and high school teachers with the strategies and tools they need to engage their students in active, high-level learning, thereby ensuring that every middle and high school student develops the skills, habits of mind, and concepts they need to succeed in advanced placement courses.
(4) "Board of regents" means the board of regents for elementary and secondary education.
(5) "Vertical team" means a group of teachers and educators from different grade levels in a given discipline who work cooperatively to develop and implement a vertically aligned program aimed at helping students from diverse backgrounds acquire the academic skills necessary for success in advanced placement courses and other challenging courses.
(P.L. 2012, ch. 320, § 1; P.L. 2012, ch. 350, § 1.)