§ 17-15-20.1 City of East Providence 2002 Primary Elections.
(a) Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, the procedure for the primary elections in the city of East Providence in the calendar year 2002 shall be conducted as follows:
(1) On September 10, 2002, there shall be a primary election in the city of East Providence to nominate such candidates for the East Providence city council and East Providence school committee.
(2) Candidates for nomination in this primary election shall file with the canvassing authority declarations of their candidacy upon forms provided by the canvassing authority. Said The declaration shall be filed on the 10th, 11th and not later than 4:00 p.m. on the 12th day of June, 2002.
(3) The canvassing authority shall prepare nomination papers for circulation and distribute such those papers to said the declared candidates on the 13th day of June, 2002 and not later than 4:00 p.m. on the 14th day of June, 2002.
(4) Nomination papers must be assembled and united into one instrument and filed with the canvassing authority by the candidates in the primary election not later than 4:00 p.m. on the 5th day of July, 2002.
(5) No nomination shall be valid unless the candidate shall file with the canvassing authority in writing no later than 4:00 p.m. on the 19th day of July, 2002 his or her consent accepting the nomination, agreeing not to withdraw, and if nominated, to qualify as a candidate in the general city election.
(6) The canvassing authority shall check the signatures on the nomination petitions filed with it and shall certify those candidates who have the required number of signatures as candidates in the primary election not later than 4:00 p.m. on the 12th day of July, 2002.
(b) All subsequent primary elections in the city of East Providence shall be held in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
(P.L. 2002, ch. 34, § 1; P.L. 2002, ch. 97, § 1.)