§ 17-15-7 Candidates nominated at primaries.
(a) At the primary elections, candidates shall be nominated for the following offices, if the offices are to be filled at the succeeding election:
(1) Senators in the congress of the United States.
(2) Representatives in the congress of the United States.
(3) General officers of the state.
(4) Senators in the general assembly from the respective senatorial districts.
(5) Representatives in the general assembly from the respective representative districts.
(6) Mayors for the respective cities.
(7) Members of the city or town councils from the respective towns, wards, and districts.
(8) All other city or town officials previously nominated by party caucus, convention, or party committees, whose offices are to be filled at the regular or special election next succeeding the primary, with the exception of candidates for presidential elector who shall be selected as provided in this title.
(b) At the primary elections the members of ward, town, and district committees of the respective political parties shall be elected.
(P.L. 1947, ch. 1886, § 3; P.L. 1948, ch. 2100, § 1; P.L. 1950, ch. 2476, § 3; G.L. 1956, § 17-15-7; P.L. 1958, ch. 18, § 1; P.L. 1966, ch. 116, § 11.)