§ 17-22-5. Certificates of election Statement to secretary of state.
(a) The state board shall immediately, after the result has been ascertained, furnish to each candidate elected a certificate of that candidate's election, and shall deliver to the secretary of state, who shall keep it on file in the secretary's office, a statement of:
(1) The number of votes cast in each voting district, town, and city for each candidate;
(2) The total number cast in the state for each of the candidates for electors and for general officers;
(3) The total number cast in each congressional district for each candidate for representative in congress;
(4) The total number cast in each senatorial and representative district for each candidate for senator and representative in the general assembly;
(5) The number of votes cast in each voting district, town, and city for and against any proposed amendment of the Constitution, or question submitted to the electors of the state;
(6) The total number of votes cast in the state for and against any proposed amendment or question;
(7) The names of the respective candidates elected and the offices to which they have been respectively elected;
(8) Whether or not the proposed amendment has been adopted; and
(9) Whether or not any question has been assented to by the electors of the state.
(b) The certificates and statement shall be signed by the board and shall be final and conclusive evidence of the matters contained in them and of the title of the persons declared elected to the offices for which they have severally received certificates of election, except as otherwise provided in the Constitution of this state.
(P.L. 1901, ch. 825, § 4; P.L. 1905, ch. 1229, § 15; G.L. 1909, ch. 19, § 4; G.L. 1923, ch. 18, § 4; P.L. 1930, ch. 1592, § 1; G.L. 1938, ch. 311, § 4; impl. am. P.L. 1941, ch. 1040, § 1; G.L. 1956, § 17-22-5; P.L. 1958, ch. 18, § 1; P.L. 1966, ch. 116, § 22.)