§ 17-22-7. Books of record of votes Contents.
(a) The board shall keep separate books of record of the votes cast for the different classes of officers which it is its duty to count, canvass, and tabulate, as follows:
(1) A book of record of votes cast for electors of president and vice-president;
(2) A book of record of votes cast for senators and representatives in congress;
(3) A book of record of votes cast for general officers; and
(4) A book of record of the votes cast for each class of officers that may by law subsequently be required to be counted, canvassed, and tabulated by the board.
(b) Each of the respective books shall contain:
(1) A record of the number of votes cast in each voting district for each candidate according to the counting, canvassing, and tabulating of the board;
(2) The number cast in each voting district for each candidate according to the certificates of the moderators or wardens and clerks;
(3) The total number cast for each candidate in each town and city according to the counting and to the certificates;
(4) The total number cast for each candidate in the state or congressional district, as the case may be, according to the counting and the certificates;
(5) A statement of which candidates are elected; and
(6) Any other pertinent facts that the board deems proper.
(c) The board shall also keep a book of record of the votes cast for and against any proposition of amendment of the Constitution and a book of record of the votes cast for and against all questions submitted to the electors of the state, with like detail as provided in this section in relation to votes cast for officers.
(d) Notwithstanding the above, the state board shall report all write-in votes received by persons, not otherwise qualifying to appear on the ballot and receiving less than five (5) votes in a race, as a composite total of all write-in votes cast for said office.
(P.L. 1901, ch. 825, § 12; G.L. 1909, ch. 19, § 12; G.L. 1923, ch. 18, § 12; P.L. 1930, ch. 1592, § 1; G.L. 1938, ch. 311, § 9; impl. am. P.L. 1941, ch. 1040, § 1; G.L. 1956, § 17-22-7; P.L. 1958, ch. 18, § 1; P.L. 2004, ch. 279, § 1; P.L. 2004, ch. 482, § 1.)