§ 18-4-11 Purposes for which borrowing authorized.
(a) Borrowing may be authorized for any one or more of the following purposes:
(1) To pay assessments upon the trust property for betterments;
(2) To pay for any repairs and improvements on the property that may be or become necessary or desirable by reason of the betterments, or by reason of the taking of any part or parts of the property by right of eminent domain;
(3) To pay for the erection, alteration, completion, or establishment of or additions to any building, buildings, or other improvements on the property;
(4) To discharge or reduce any existing obligations or encumbrances binding upon the trust property; or
(5) To pay for any charge or expense for any other purpose whatsoever which the court may approve as necessary or desirable for the protection or benefit of the trust property.
(b) Each borrowing may be authorized in an amount and on those terms and conditions and with any directions and instructions to the trustee or trustees that the court deems proper.
(G.L. 1909, ch. 259, § 11; P.L. 1917, ch. 1501, § 1; G.L. 1923, ch. 303, § 11; G.L. 1938, ch. 486, § 20; G.L. 1956, § 18-4-11.)