§ 19-28.1-31 Cooperation with other agencies or organizations.
To encourage uniform application and interpretation of this act and effective franchise regulation and enforcement, the director may cooperate with federal, state or foreign agencies or administrators and law enforcement agencies, including:
(1) Conducting joint examinations and investigations;
(2) Holding joint administrative hearings;
(3) Filing and prosecuting joint civil or administrative proceedings;
(4) Sharing and exchanging information and documents subject to the restrictions of this state;
(5) Sharing and exchanging personnel;
(6) Formulating rules, regulations, statements of policy, guidelines, proposed statutory changes and interpretive opinions and releases; and
(7) Issuing and enforcing subpoenas at the request of the federal trade commission or an agency administering franchise statutes in another jurisdiction if the information sought would also be subject to lawful subpoena for conduct occurring in this state.
(P.L. 1993, ch. 395, § 2.)