§ 19-32-5. Disclosures.
Guaranteed asset-protection waivers must disclose, in writing and in clear, understandable language that is easy to read, the following:
(1) The name and address of the initial creditor and the borrower at the time of sale, and the identity of any administrator if different from the creditor.
(2) The purchase price and the terms of the GAP waiver, including, without limitation, the requirements for protection, conditions, or exclusions associated with the GAP waiver.
(3) That the borrower may cancel the GAP waiver within a free-look period as specified in the waiver, and will be entitled to a full refund of the purchase price, as long as no benefits have been provided; or in the event benefits have been provided, the borrower may receive a full or partial refund pursuant to the terms of the waiver.
(4) The procedure the borrower must follow, if any, to obtain GAP-waiver benefits under the terms and conditions of the waiver, including a telephone number and address where the borrower may apply for waiver benefits.
(5) Whether or not the GAP waiver is cancellable after the free-look period, and the conditions under which it may be cancelled or terminated, including the procedures for requesting any refund due.
(6) That in order to receive any refund due in the event of a borrower's cancellation of the GAP waiver agreement or early termination of the finance agreement after the free-look period of the GAP waiver, the borrower, in accordance with terms of the waiver, must provide a written request to cancel to the creditor, administrator, or such other party within ninety (90) days of the occurrence of the event terminating the finance agreement.
(7) The methodology for calculating any refund of the unearned purchase price of the GAP waiver due, in the event of cancellation of the GAP waiver or early termination of the finance agreement.
(8) That neither the extension of credit, the terms of the credit, nor the terms of the related motor vehicle sale or lease may be conditioned upon the purchase of the GAP waiver.
(P.L. 2016, ch. 530, § 1.)