§ 19-5-12 Powers and duties of directors.
The board of directors shall be responsible for the general management of the affairs, funds, and records of the credit union, and shall meet as often as necessary. It shall be the board's special powers and duties:
(1) To act upon the expulsion of members;
(2) To approve or ratify the rate of interest which shall be allowed on deposits;
(3) To fill vacancies in the board of directors, the supervisory committee, and in the credit committee of the credit union until the election and qualification of officers and directors to fill those vacancies is completed;
(4) To make recommendations to members relative to the maximum number of shares that may be held by any one member, amendments to the by-laws, and any other matters which, in their opinion, the members should decide;
(5) To borrow, on behalf of the credit union, and to pledge as security the bonds, notes, mortgages, or other securities of the credit union; provided, however, that this borrowing shall not exceed fifty percent (50%) of the assets of the credit union, unless the director or the director's designee shall give his or her written approval;
(6) To declare dividends as provided in this chapter.
(P.L. 1995, ch. 82, § 43.)