§ 2-12-1. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Authorized representative" means anyone recognized and/or appointed and/or commissioned by the director of the department of natural resources to exercise and pursue the laws, rules and regulations intended by this chapter.
(2) "Authorized senior officer" means a member of a fire organization who is authorized by the fire chief to issue burning permits.
(3) "Director" means the director of the department of environmental management.
(4) "Fire chief " means the elected, appointed, designated or recognized leader and member of a fire organization.
(5) "Flammable material" means any substance that will burn, including but not limited to, refuse, debris, waste forest material, brush, stumps, logs, rubbish, fallen timber, grass, stubble, leaves, fallow land, slash crops or crop residue.
(6) "Forest fire" or "Wildland fire" means any fire occurring on forest land or wildland.
(7) "Forest land" or "Wildland" means timbered land, potential timber producing land, cutover or burned timber land or grass lands not including lands devoted to agriculture.
(8) "Person" means any individual, corporation, partnership, association, municipality or other public body or legal entity or employee or agent of the person.
(9) "Senior officer" means a member of a fire organization who would be next in command during the absence of the fire chief.
(G.L. 1956, § 2-12-1; P.L. 1970, ch. 124, § 4.)