§ 2-21-3 Definitions.
When used in this chapter:
(1) "Agricultural liming materials" means a product whose calcium and magnesium compounds are capable of neutralizing soil acidity.
(2) "Brand" means the term, designation, trademark, product name or other specific designation under which individual agricultural liming material is offered for sale.
(3) "Bulk" means in nonpackaged form.
(4) "Burnt lime" means a material made from limestone which consists essentially of calcium oxide or a combination of calcium oxide with magnesium oxide.
(5) "Calcium carbonate equivalent" means the acid neutralizing capacity of an agricultural liming material expressed as weight percentage of calcium carbonate.
(6) "Fineness" means the percentage by weight of the material which will pass U. S. standard sieves of specific sizes. The director shall promulgate regulations relating to fineness and shall be guided by the American society for testing and materials (ASTM) specification for sieve sizes.
(7) "Hydrated lime" means a material, made from burnt lime, which consists essentially of calcium hydroxide or a combination of calcium hydroxide with magnesium oxide and/or magnesium hydroxide.
(8) "Industrial byproduct" means any industrial waste or byproduct containing calcium or calcium and magnesium in forms that will neutralize soil acidity.
(9) "Label" means any written or printed matter on or attached to the package or on the delivery ticket which accompanies bulk shipments.
(10) "Limestone" means a material consisting essentially of calcium carbonate or a combination of calcium carbonate with magnesium carbonate capable of neutralizing soil acidity.
(11) "Marl" means a granular or loosely consolidated earthy material composed largely of sea shell fragments and calcium carbonate.
(12) "Percent" or "Percentage" means by weight.
(13) "Person" means individual, partnership, association, firm or corporation.
(14) "Ton" means a net weight of two thousand (2,000) pounds avoirdupois.
(15) "Weight" means the weight of undried material as offered for sale.
(P.L. 1977, ch. 164, § 1.)