§ 2-25-7. Use of funds.
(a) A non-profit entity or small or beginning farmer may apply to the department of environmental management for a grant to be used to fulfill the purposes of the program as stated in subdivisions 2-25-5(3) and 2-25-5(4). Any grant disbursed under this program shall not exceed twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) per year. Applications for grants authorized under this section shall:
(1) Provide a brief summary of the nonprofit entity or small or beginning farmer's mission, goals, history, programs, and major accomplishments, success stories and qualifications;
(2) Briefly describe the proposed project or program, the capacity to carry out the program and who will benefit from the program;
(3) Describe the expected outcomes and the indicators of those outcomes;
(4) Outline the timeline to be used in the implementation of the program or project; and
(5) Provide a program or project budget.
(b) The funds shall also be used by the department to provide administrative and technical support of the program, and to leverage program funds with other potential federal, state or nonprofit funding sources, and shall serve to develop, implement and enforce when appropriate food safety related standards and programs related to local agriculture and seafood in coordination with the Rhode Island department of health and appropriate federal agencies.
(P.L. 2012, ch. 37, § 1; P.L. 2012, ch. 38, § 1.)