§ 2-26-3 Definitions. [Effective January 1, 2017.].
When used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Applicant" means any person, firm, corporation, or other legal entity who or that, on his, her, or its own behalf, or on behalf of another, has applied for permission to engage in any act or activity that is regulated under the provisions of this chapter.
(2) "Department" means the department of business regulation.
(3) "Division" means the division of agriculture in the department of environmental management.
(4) "Grower" means a person or entity who or that produces hemp for commercial purposes.
(5) "Handler" means a person or entity who or that produces hemp for processing into commodities, products, or agricultural hemp seed.
(6) "Hemp" means the plant of the genus cannabis and any part of such plant, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration that does not exceed three-tenths percent (0.3%) on a dry-weight basis of any part of the plant cannabis, or per volume or weight of marijuana product or the combined percent of delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol and tetrahydrocannabinolic acid in any part of the plant cannabis regardless of the moisture content. Hemp is also commonly referred to in this context as "industrial hemp."
(7) "Hemp products" means all products made from the plants, including, but not limited to, concentrated oil, cloth, cordage, fiber, food, fuel, paint, paper, construction materials, plastics, seed, seed meal, seed oil, and certified for cultivation.
(8) "THC" means tetrahydrocannabinol, the principal psychoactive constituent of cannabis.
(9) "THCA" means tetrahydrocannabinol acid.
(P.L. 2016, ch. 441, § 1; P.L. 2016, ch. 442, § 1.)