§ 20-2.2-3 Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Angling" means to fish recreationally using hook and line.
(2) "Blind" means an individual who is blind in accordance with § 20-2-31.
(3) "Exempted state" means a state that has been designated as an exempted state by the national marine fisheries service, pursuant to the National Saltwater Angler Registry Program, 50 CFR Part 600.
(4) "Finfish" means all species of finfish, excluding shellfish and crustaceans.
(5) "Fishing recreationally" means all forms of angling, as well as all forms of spearfishing, the purpose of which is to harvest, or attempt to harvest finfish for non-commercial purposes.
(6) "Marine waters of Rhode Island" means all tidal and territorial waters of the state out to three (3) nautical miles from the coastline, including all state waters surrounding Block Island.
(7) "Permanently disabled" means an individual who is one hundred percent (100%) permanently disabled in accordance with § 20-2-31.
(8) "Resident" means an individual who has had his or her actual place of residence and has lived in the state of Rhode Island for a continuous period of not less than six (6) months.
(9) "Spearfishing" means to fish recreationally using a spear or a powerhead.
(P.L. 2009, ch. 375, § 1; P.L. 2009, ch. 379, § 1.)