§ 20-2-28.2 Deposit of fees.
In any fiscal year moneys generated from license fees and vessel fees, provided for in §§ 20-2-22 and 20-2-24 and chapter 2.1 of this title, over and above the sum of two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000) through June 30, 2003, and on or after July 1, 2003, the full amount shall be deposited with the general treasurer and appropriated to the department of environmental management. The state controller is authorized and directed to draw orders upon the general treasurer for payment of any sum or sums as may be necessary from time to time upon receipt by him or her of duly authenticated vouchers presented by the director of environmental management. The moneys received under this section consistent with an annual plan for the allocation and use of said funds adopted by the department with the advice of the marine fisheries council are to be used only for the purpose of fishery conservation and restoration and resource enhancement, a minimum of two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000) for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2003, and each fiscal year thereafter, and for the following specific purposes:
(1) For protection and propagation of marine fish, lobsters, and shellfish;
(2) For additional enforcement of the marine fishery regulations;
(3) For transplanting shellfish from closed areas or enhancing the shellfish resource through other technologies including seeding;
(4) For fishing port development and construction;
(5) For staff support of, and expenses incurred by, the marine fisheries council;
(6) For lease and purchase of land or acquisition of conservation easements; and
(7) For technical support to and expenses incurred by the department for the collection, processing, analysis, and maintenance of data for fisheries management.
(P.L. 1981, ch. 197, § 3; P.L. 1982, ch. 188, art. 4, § 1; P.L. 1992, ch. 133, art. 17, § 1; P.L. 2002, ch. 47, § 2.)