§ 20-38-3 Definitions.
When used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Collaborative" means the Rhode Island seafood marketing collaborative established under § 20-38-4;
(2) "Rhode Island's local fishermen and aquaculturists" means commercial fishermen and aquaculturists licensed in the state of Rhode Island.
(3) "State agencies" means state entities responsible for the implementation of Rhode Island's fishery management and economic development, including, but not be limited to:
(i) The department of environmental management, which shall include:
(A) The division of agriculture and
(B) The division of fish and wildlife;
(ii) The commerce corporation;
(iii) The coastal resources management council;
(iv) The department of health;
(v) The department of administration.
(4) "Aquaculture" means the farming of aquatic organisms such as fish, crustaceans, mollusks, and aquatic plants.
(5) "Sustainable food system" means one in which resources (including natural resources, such as soil and water, as well as human resources, such as labor) are used at, or below, their rate of recovery.
(6) "Seafood dealers" means any person engaged in purchasing, raising, propagating, breeding, or acquiring or possessing live fish or fish eggs to be sold or furnished to others for the purpose of resale licensed in the State of Rhode Island.
(7) [Deleted by P.L. 2015, ch. 100, § 1 and P.L. 2015, ch. 111, § 1].
(P.L. 2011, ch. 226, § 1; P.L. 2011, ch. 316, § 1; P.L. 2015, ch. 100, § 1; P.L. 2015, ch. 111, § 1.)