§ 20-38-5. Powers and duties.
The collaborative shall support and work collaboratively with the Rhode Island fishing community to promote the marketing and sustainability of Rhode Island seafood, including but not limited to:
(1) Identifying regulatory restrictions preventing and/or inhibiting local seafood marketing initiatives and identifying opportunities to remove those regulatory restrictions;
(2) Identifying and facilitating opportunities to increase consumer demand for local seafood;
(3) Identifying and facilitating opportunities to establish agreements with local fishermen and seafood dealers for potential seafood marketplace expansion;
(4) Reviewing and identifying existing studies, pilot programs and initiatives of this state and other states regarding seafood-marketing practices;
(5) Providing educational opportunities for consumers and the fishing community regarding local seafood issues and initiatives;
(6) Identifying funding sources available to the fishing community to support seafood marketing;
(7) Responding to requests for information from the legislature and commenting on proposed legislation;
(8) Issuing recommendations necessary to achieve these goals;
(9) Identifying opportunities for potential funding to support Rhode Island seafood marketing efforts and initiatives.
(P.L. 2011, ch. 226, § 1; P.L. 2011, ch. 316, § 1; P.L. 2017, ch. 451, § 30.)