§ 20-38-5 Powers and duties.
The collaborative shall support and work collaboratively with the Rhode Island fishing community to promote the marketing and sustainability of Rhode Island seafood, including but not limited to:
(1) Identify regulatory restrictions preventing and/or inhibiting local seafood marketing initiatives and identify opportunities to remove those regulatory restrictions;
(2) Identify and facilitate opportunities to increase consumer demand for local seafood;
(3) Identify and facilitate opportunities to establish agreements with local fishermen and seafood dealers for potential seafood marketplace expansion;
(4) Review and identify existing studies, pilot programs and initiatives of this state and other states regarding seafood-marketing practices;
(5) Provide educational opportunities for consumers and the fishing community regarding local seafood issues and initiatives;
(6) Identify funding sources available to the fishing community to support seafood marketing;
(7) Respond to requests for information from the legislature and comment on proposed legislation;
(8) Issue recommendations necessary to achieve these goals;
(9) Identify opportunities for potential funding to support Rhode Island seafood marketing efforts and initiatives.
(P.L. 2011, ch. 226, § 1; P.L. 2011, ch. 316, § 1.)