§ 20-38-6 Advisory council. (a) The Rhode Island seafood marketing collaborative advisory council is hereby established. The advisory council shall consist of ten (10) members each of whom shall be appointed by the director of the department of environmental management:
(1) A fish dealer/wholesaler/processor or representative;
(2) A shellfish dealer or processor of lobster and crab;
(3) A shellfish dealer or processor of clams, etc;
(4) A aquaculture dealer or processor;
(5) A retailer of seafood product representing a restaurant organization;
(6) A seafood retailer representing an independent or franchised store;
(7) A shellfish harvester;
(8) A fisheries manager specialist;
(9) A marine scientist;
(10) An independent organization or association representing the hospitality industry.
(b) Advisory council members shall serve two (2) year terms and are eligible to succeed themselves. In the event a member is unable to complete his or her term, the director of the department of environmental management shall appoint a successor, and the successor appointed to the vacancy shall serve for the remainder of the unexpired term. The members of the board shall receive no compensation.
(c) The advisory council shall elect annually a chairperson from among its members.
(d) The advisory council shall meet at least quarterly at the call of the chairperson or three (3) council members. The chairperson of the Rhode Island seafood marketing collaborative, or designee from among the members of the collaborative, shall be present for all advisory council meetings.
(e) The advisory council shall advise the collaborative on
all matters pertaining to the collaborative duties and powers.
(P.L. 2011, ch. 226, § 1; P.L. 2011, ch. 316, § 1.)