§ 21-4.1-2 Definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless otherwise specified, the following words have the following meaning:
(1) "Commission" means the Rhode Island milk commission.
(2) "Consumer" means any person other than a milk dealer who purchases milk for fluid consumption.
(3) "Dealer" means any person who purchases or receives milk from a producer for the purpose of resale.
(4) "Department" means the department of health.
(5) "Director" means the director of health or his or her duly authorized agents.
(6) "Fluid milk products" or "Class 1 milk" means milk, skimmed milk, flavored milk or skimmed milk, cultured skimmed milk, buttermilk, filled milk, concentrated milk, and any mixture of milk or skimmed milk and cream containing less than ten percent (10%) butterfat. The term includes these products in fluid, frozen, fortified, or reconstituted form but does not include sterilized products in hermetically sealed containers and such products as eggnog, yogurt, whey, ice cream mix, ice milk mix, milk shake base mix, evaporated or condensed milk or skimmed milk (in either plain or sweetened form), and any product that contains six percent (6%) or more non-milk fat (or oil). Fluid milk products that have been placed in containers for disposition to retail or wholesale outlets are referred to as packaged fluid milk products.
(7) "Market" means any city, town or parts of a city or town of the state, or two (2) or more cities or towns or parts of cities or towns designated by the commission as a natural marketing area.
(8) "Person" means any individual, partnership, firm, corporation, association or other unit, and the state and all political subdivisions or agencies of the state, except state owned and operated institutions.
(9) "Producer" means a Rhode Island dairy farmer who produces milk that is moved, other than in packaged form, from his or her farm to a pool plant or any other plant as diverted milk.
(P.L. 1991, ch. 344, § 1; P.L. 1992, ch. 320, § 3.)