§ 21-4.1-4. Annual report.
(a) On or before January 15 of each year the commission shall submit a report to the general assembly, which annual report may include, but need not be limited to:
(1) A summary of its activities during the previous year;
(2) A description of any and all complaints of predatory pricing or other anti-competitive practices which have been referred to the attorney general; and
(3) Any recommendations that it may have relative to the need for and the appropriateness of regulatory or legislative action relative to the milk industry.
(b) In making recommendations for regulatory or legislative action, the commission shall take into account, among any other factors which it may deem appropriate:
(1) The public health and welfare and the insuring of an adequate supply of pure and wholesome fluid milk products to the inhabitants of the state under varying conditions in various marketing areas;
(2) Prevailing prices in neighboring states;
(3) Seasonal production and other conditions affecting the cost of production, transportation, and marketing in the milk industry, including a reasonable return to the dealer and different retail delivery volumes of milk;
(4) The effect of prices paid to producers on the ability of the Rhode Island dairy industry to compete in supplying milk to Rhode Island consumers;
(5) The strength and viability of the Rhode Island dairy industry as a whole; and
(6) The extent of any social or economic benefits of maintaining dairy processing in different regions of the state.
(P.L. 1991, ch. 344, § 1; P.L. 1992, ch. 320, § 3.)