§ 21-9-12. Prohibited acts.
The following acts and the causing of them shall be unlawful:
(1) To advertise, sell or exchange, deliver, or offer or expose for sale or exchange, or to attempt to deliver, or have in actual or constructive possession with intent to do so any frozen dessert and/or frozen dessert mix unless:
(i) The manufacturer of the product is a licensee under the provisions of § 21-9-2;
(ii) The brand name of the product, the labeling affixed on it, or accompanying it, and/or the advertising of it gives a true and complete representation of the origin, character, composition, place of manufacture, and manufacturer, and is not false or misleading in any particular or misbranded as defined at § 21-31-11.
(2) To advertise, sell or exchange, deliver, or offer or expose for sale or exchange, or to attempt to deliver, or have in actual constructive possession with intent to do so any substitute or imitation frozen dessert or frozen dessert mix unless it is a special dietary frozen dessert which has been manufactured under regulations pertaining to it promulgated by the director of health under the authority of § 21-9-13.
(3) To sell or exchange, deliver, advertise or offer or expose for sale or exchange, or attempt to deliver, or have in actual or constructive possession with intent to do so, any frozen dessert or frozen dessert mix, ice cream, or ice milk:
(i) If it contains any oils, or fats, other than milk fats, except when those fats or oils are specifically required under standards of identity or are naturally contained in the flavors lawfully used; or
(ii) If the frozen dessert and/or frozen dessert mix is adulterated as defined by § 21-31-10.
(4) To refuse to permit entry or inspection, or to refuse to permit the taking of a sample as authorized by § 21-9-19.
(5) To remove or dispose of a detained or embargoed article in violation of § 21-9-18.
(6) To fail to keep records as required by § 21-9-7.
(7) To refuse to make available and to afford full opportunity to check any record, report, or invoice as required by § 21-9-11.
(8) To fail to file reports with the director of health as required by § 21-9-9.
(P.L. 1953, ch. 3176, § 6; G.L. 1956, §§ 21-9-13, 21-9-14; P.L. 1962, ch. 129, § 1; P.L. 1986, ch. 238, § 3; P.L. 1990, ch. 10, art. 7, § 2; P.L. 1990, ch. 129, § 2; P.L. 1990, ch. 471, § 2.)