§ 22-6-11. Duties of fiscal assistant.
It shall be the duty of the fiscal assistant of the committee on finance of the house of representatives, with the approval of the chairperson of the committee, to:
(1) Review all revenues received by the state in the last complete fiscal year, together with the estimates made for that year as contained in the governor's budget, and report, insofar as practical, on all deviations between the estimated revenues and the actual collections;
(2) Review all expenditures, together with the regular and supplementary appropriations made for that year, and report on all deviations between the appropriations and the actual expenditures. The report shall also provide information on the quantity and quality of the services rendered for the amounts expended, and this information shall be reduced insofar as practical to an evaluation of performance based on appropriate standards and objectives;
(3) Review the state's indebtedness and capital improvement program;
(4) Make recommendations for revising or amending previously enacted public and general laws involving the expenditure of public funds;
(5) Advise the finance committee of the house of representatives on matters pertaining to the state's finances and make recommendations for improving the operating efficiency and economy of the various departments and agencies of the state government;
(6) Prepare and submit to the finance committee of the house of representatives and to its members following the submission of the annual budget by the governor, but prior to its enactment, an analysis of all proposed revenues and expenditures with recommendations for revisions;
(7) Prepare and submit to the finance committee of the house of representatives an analytical report on any legislation proposing new or expanded services by the state with estimates of any costs which may be involved;
(8) Prepare and submit to the finance committee of the house of representatives analytical reports on all proposed state bond issues with estimates of debt service and operating costs involved;
(9) Prepare and submit reports on any aspect of the state government or its finances which the finance committee of the house of representatives may require;
(10) Notify the finance committee of the house of representatives and the speaker of the house of representatives whenever the fiscal assistant shall determine by his or her review of the state's revenue and expenditures that actual revenue upon which appropriations were based or that expenditures are exceeding the budget officer's quarterly or monthly allotments.
(P.L. 1959, ch. 79, art. 3, § 1; P.L. 1983, ch. 167, art. XXVI, § 1.)