§ 23-12.1-3. Duties of department of health.
The department shall:
(1) Develop standards for determining eligibility for care and treatment under this program;
(2) Extend financial assistance to persons suffering from hemophilia in obtaining blood, blood derivatives and concentrates, and other efficacious agents for use in hospital, medical and dental facilities, and at home, or participate in the cost of blood processing to the extent that this support will facilitate the supplying of blood, blood derivates and concentrates, and other efficacious agents to hemophiliac patients at an economical cost, thus increasing the effectiveness of the moneys appropriated to carry out the provisions of this chapter;
(3) Assist in the development and expansion of programs for the care and treatment of persons suffering from hemophilia, including self-administration, prevention, and home care and other medical and dental procedures and techniques designed to provide maximum control over bleeding episodes typical of this condition;
(4) Institute and carry on educational programs among physicians, dentists, hospitals, public health departments, and the public concerning hemophilia, including dissemination of information and the conducting of educational programs concerning the methods of care and treatment of persons suffering from this condition; and
(5) Promulgate all rules and regulations necessary to effectuate the purposes of this chapter.
(P.L. 1977, ch. 209, § 1.)