§ 23-13.6-3 Licensing and regulation of lactation consultants.
The director of health is authorized and directed to formulate, promulgate, amend, and repeal procedures, rules, and regulations for the following:
(1) The licensing of lactation consultants;
(2) Standards and specifications for education, knowledge, and experience required for licensure as a lactation consultant. In establishing these requirements, the director shall give due consideration to criteria established by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE), or other national standards established by professional societies with expertise in the training and certification of lactation consultants;
(3) Establishment of a minimum standard of care for providing lactation care and services;
(4) Establishment of a nonrefundable application fee and license renewal fee. All fees collected pursuant to this chapter shall be deposited as general revenues;
(5) Any other rule or regulation deemed necessary by the director of health to carry out the provisions of this chapter, provided that no rule or regulation shall take effect until it has been promulgated in accordance with the provisions of chapter 35 of title 42 (the "Administrative Procedures Act").
(P.L. 2014, ch. 420, § 1; P.L. 2014, ch. 444, § 1.)