§ 23-14.1-2 Definitions.
For the purpose of this chapter, the following words and terms have the following meanings unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Board" means the health professional loan repayment board.
(2) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of postsecondary education.
(3) "Community health center" means a health care facility as defined and licensed under chapter 17 of this title.
(4) "Division" means the Rhode Island division of higher education assistance.
(5) "Eligible health professional" means a physician, dentist, dental hygienist, nurse practitioner, certified nurse midwife, physician assistant, or any other eligible health care professional under § 338A of the Public Health Service Act, 42 U.S.C. § 254l, licensed in the state who has entered into a contract with the board to serve medically underserved populations.
(6) "Loan repayment" means an amount of money to be repaid to satisfy loan obligations incurred to obtain a degree or certification in an eligible health profession as defined in subdivision (5).
(P.L. 1993, ch. 191, § 1; P.L. 2015, ch. 141, art. 7, § 11.)