§ 23-17.10-1. Definitions.
As used in this chapter the following words, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, have the following meanings:
(1) "Administrative penalty" means a monetary penalty not to exceed the civil penalty specified by statute or, where not specified by statute, an amount not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000), plus interest.
(2) "Director" means the director of the department of health or his or her duly authorized agent.
(3) "Health care facility" has the same meaning as contained in the regulations promulgated by the director of health pursuant to chapter 17 of this title.
(4) "Person" means any agency or political subdivision of the state, any state, public or private corporation or authority, individual, trust, firm, joint stock company, partnership, association, or other entity or any group of them or any officer, employee, or agent of them.
(5) "Skilled or intermediate care facility" has the same meaning as contained in regulations promulgated by the director of health pursuant to chapter 17 of this title.
(P.L. 1988, ch. 182, § 1; P.L. 1989, ch. 543, § 2.)