§ 23-17.11-5 Notification of closure Appointment of receiver.
(a) Whenever the department shall receive notification that the closure of a facility is imminent, the director shall petition the superior court for the appointment of a receiver, unless the director shall specifically determine and find that adequate and sufficient arrangements have been made by the owner and/or management of the facility:
(1) To accomplish the safe and orderly removal and placement of all residents of the facility; and
(2) To safeguard the health, safety, and well-being of all residents of the facility.
(b) The court shall appoint a receiver if it determines that the appointment of a receiver is necessary or appropriate to the safe and orderly removal and placement of the persons and/or to the protection of the health, safety, and well-being of the persons. The court may, as it deems necessary or appropriate to accomplish the purposes of this chapter, confer upon any receiver appointed under this section any or all of the following powers:
(1) All power under common law and the laws of this state and the rules of its courts regarding receiverships generally;
(2) The power to effectuate the safe and orderly removal and placement of all residents of the facility in a manner which will not be detrimental to the health and safety of the persons; and/or
(3) The power to continue to operate the facility for the benefit of the residents of the facility until the safe and orderly removal and placement of all residents of the facility have been accomplished.
(c) Every plan for removal of persons from a facility shall be subject to approval by the court.
(d) Upon the removal of the last resident from a facility, the licensee shall forfeit his or her license to operate the facility.
(P.L. 1988, ch. 528, § 1.)